Creamy Oven Roasted Tomato Soup with Mozzarella
Ingredients (serves 4)
8 ripe tomatoes
1 white onion
3 cloves of garlic
2 cups vegetable broth
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
1 ball mozzarella
Some olive oil
1) Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Wash tomatoes and cut into halves. Place them skin down on the baking sheet. Peel onions, cut in pieces and put on baking sheet. Skin garlic cloves, halve and distribute on the tomatoes. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Put the baking sheet in the middle of the oven and roast the vegetables at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
3) Transfer roasted vegetables together with the roasting juices into a pot and add vegetable broth. Add thyme twigs and bay leave. Bring to boil and simmer for roughly 20 minutes.
4) While the soup simmers, cut the mozzarella into thin pieces.
5) Remove bay leave and thyme twigs from the soup. Puree soup. Add seasoning if necessary.
6) Immediately serve the soup and add mozzarella pieces. Alternatively heat the soup once again, add mozzarella and stir until mozzarella is melted.
7) Serve & enjoy!!!