These little gems are delicious and only 50 calories per cookie!
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 large old banana
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl mash banana. Mix in salt and cinnamon. Stir until combined. Stir in oats and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Place the dough onto a greased cookie sheet by the spoonful. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield 6-8 cookies (perfect amount for a little treat)! Feel free to double the recipe.
Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
Prep time: 20 mins Cook Time : 40 mins Total Time: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 c. pureed pumpkin
- ½ c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- ⅔ c. whole wheat flour
- ½ c. Stevia Cup For Cup sweetener
- ½ c. granulated sugar1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. ground cinnamon1/2 t. ground nutmeg
- Cream filling:
- 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 1 T. all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- For the Batter: With an electric mixer, beat the pumpkin, applesauce, egg, and egg whites on medium speed until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, Stevia, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- For the cream cheese filling: Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, egg whites and flour until creamy and smooth.
- Grease 2 8x4x2″ loaf pans. Divide half of the batter between the two pans. Pour half of the filling in one pan and the other half in the second pan and smooth with the back of a spoon. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Don’t overbake or your bread will be dry on the edges. Cool and remove from pans. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
As the weather begins to cool down, warm up with this simple skinny recipe for Classic Hot Chocolate. Time to indulge. Yum!
- 4 1/2 cups unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 honey (to taste)
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- cinnamon sticks for stirring (optional)
Warm Milk on stove and add both chocolates until combined. Whisk in all other ingredients.
Yields: 4 servings
Enjoy in your favorite Cocoa mug, sprinkle a little cocoa or shredded dark chocolate on top!